Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Little French Bistro in Maya



I am excited to show my final project for my Advanced Lighting and Rendering class for Maya. We were given models to choose from and decide what we wanted to create from them—what kind of environment, time of day, etc. I choose this model of an old stairway. Actually it looked more haunted then anything else but I choose to make it into an entry way for a French Bistro. There is an image of the Eiffel Tower through the window, vintage posters on the wall and a chalk board menu that is part of the look and feel of what I envision my Paris Bistro on the Left Bank to look like.

This is my result which I will be handing off this week to sum up a lot of information and material that we learned in this class. There are so many levels and layers to what you can do with lighting or texturing, that I feel this is just the tip of the iceberg. I feel that my work as a fine artist, helps to create an interesting composition and use of color. The 3D model was created by Dan Wade and the lighting and texturing is of my own creation.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been able to master Maya because it is very difficult to use. Your final project is very good. I love the lighting and texturing.

    Cathy
    French Course

    ReplyDelete